March
Well March is shaping up nicely! After completely crashing after the holidays in January and getting sick for the first time and then nothing but work and getting sick for the second time in February things are looking a little brighter for March. This weekend I got together with my friend Christy. We were all set to meet at our little tea house that we’ve frequented in the past. I’m about 3 blocks away when the cell rings, caller ID: Christy….uh oh! Right when she said “you’ll never guess”….I knew it, they CLOSED our beloved tea house. I was so looking forward to that house blend, with the little salmon tea sandwiches and the scone with fresh cream! Well we were quick thinkers and remembered there was another tea house in Redmond….”Taste the Moment”. Right when we walked in we knew we were out of our element. This tea house catered to the, shall we say….”older crowd”. It was very frilly and dainty and people were dressed far nicer than us; both with our Puma sneakers on and all! We did find a great tea we both liked. Monk’s Blend. UMMMM! But needless to say we won’t be back to “Taste the Moment” again. Service: bad, Food: so so, Ambiance: ehhh. Oh well we still had a great time! Then I got up this morning and starting looking at the rest of the month and WOW we actually have “fun” things planned….it’s not all work, work, work and crashing on the couch! I’ve got to make that a priority because the last few months have been a bit crazed. So next weekend we’ll be going night tubing! Yee-haw! Should be fun! Then St. Paddy’s Day we are getting a big group together for dinner at the new Maggiano’s Italian Restaurant that opened in Bellevue. I’m still determined to do the St. Paddy’s Day Dash….but with being sick for awhile and not hitting the gym I’m feeling a little unprepared…but we’ll see. And I have just booked us a weekend trip away to Vancouver BC for the weekend of the 25th! Garrett and I usually go once a year and I think it was about this same time last year that we went. Summer is a great time to go, but you just can’t beat the hotel rates you find late March and April. I booked our normal hotel (our little vacation home in Vancouver I like to think of it) and it was $109 CDN….how do you beat that!?? I can’t wait to hit: Robson St, Zefferelli’s, the Crepe station, Inlets Bistro (our usual haunt for breakfast), Capilano Suspension Bridge (in all my visits I’ve never done this and I’m doing it this time!). I’ll have a few cameras on hand so I’ll post pics of our trip! Now……what can I plan for April…..???

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home