21 March 2006

Ahhh...weekends!

I’ve been meaning to write about last weekend and I’m bound and determined to get to this before Wednesday of the next weekl =)

This past weekend was great! Friday night we met a group of friends for a fine Italian feast on the utmost of Italian holiday’s……St. Patty’s Day! Yes, yes I know….don’t ask how we chose that venue for Friday, but that’s where you could find us…partaking of a double magnum, yes that’s right a jeroboam if you will of red wine. Pity that the single bottle we got later in the meal was much better than our much larger friend we managed to finish off well before the meal was over. But we soldiered on. The meal was wonderful and the company was even better. We had a great time. I won’t even go into the desserts, but suffice to say you could have likely rolled me right on out of there in a sugar coma. Delizioso!

Saturday I went plant shopping. I believe I came to terms with the fact that I could spend eternity wandering Molbaks and I’m okay with that! I ended up getting a Zebra Plant (Aphelandra squarrosa).

It’s beautiful right now but reading up on it’s care and possible pest problem has me feeling a little weary. We’ll see how it does. It was 12 bucks so if it dies on me I’m not really out much. Note to self: next time research before simply buying the first pretty plant you see!

Sunday I got together with the book club which we decided should now be a movie club but I’m sure our strong suit will still be casual, social get togethers. It’s a great group and I’m so glad we all found each other. We have a great time together. After that I did a little shopping. Needed a good catch all bag for my bus rides and I think I found one. It’s been great so far. Yes, did I mention? I’m a metro rider now!!! Well….I still withhold the right to drive when I’m feeling lazy (which usually ends up being 2 days a week…okay sometimes more). But I am taking the bus regularly and I LOVE it. It’s so relaxing! I rev up the Ipod, read my book or actually close my eyes and take a little mini nap! It’s been great!

We are off to Vancouver this weekend for a little adventure and R&R. Cannot wait. I’m busting the camera out for this trip (FINALLY!!) so hopefully I’ll have pics to post soon.
--S

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home